University of Chicago
GCIS seminar room W301 (take elevator to 3rd floor)
929 E. 57th St. Chicago, IL
(For those driving, parking is available in Ellis Garage. 5525 S. Ellis Ave. It is a 5-7 minute walk from the garage to the meeting site.)
|April 9, 2018
Shuttle departs from Hyatt Place to UChicago (25 passenger shuttle, Pontarelli Transport, Sign will say “FG Meeting”)
Attendees should feel free to make their way to 929 E. 57th St on their own from the airport, if they prefer.
||Welcome/Remarks from PO, SC co-chairs
||Genes Unknown in Acinetobacter baumannii (GUNK) presentations
- Sam Miller: GUNK Overview
- Colin Manoil: Essential GUNK deletion phenotypes
- Sam Miller: The envelope barrier and antibiotic resistance of Acinetobacter baumannii
- Yasu Oda, Caroline Harwood Lab: Functional characterization of the ncRNA-binding protein CsrA in Acinetobacter baumannii
||Functional Lists of Unknown TB Entitities (FLUTE) presentations
- Eric Rubin: Intro
- Catherine (Kasia) Baranowski, Rubin Lab, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health: Peptidoglycan Synthesis and Rod Shape Maintenance in Mycobacteria
- Katherine (Katie) Wu, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health: Mycobacterial HtrA is required to detoxify a cell wall amidase.
- Katherine (Kat) Black, Weill Cornell Medical College: Activity based metabolomic profiling (ABMP) reveals a catalytic activity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Rv1422.
- Robert Jansen, Weill Cornell Medical College: Casting light on metabolic dark matter: Proteome-wide ABMP for untargeted functional protein annotation.
- Thibault Barbier, Fortune Lab, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Non-coding RNAs in mycobacteria: from discovery to functions.
||Posters and refreshments
Pontarelli shuttle will return attendees to Hyatt Place
|April 10, 2018
Pontarelli shuttle pickup from Hyatt Place to UChicago
- Ralph Baric: ORFeome Overview
- Rachel Graham: Viral RNA Structure and Transcription Regulation and Their Influence on Coronavirus Virulence
- Peter Halfmann: Identification and Characterization of Novel Influenza and Ebola Genes
- Blossom Damania: Viral Modulation of Innate Immune Signaling
||FG Working Group highlights
||Lunch (Steering working lunch for preliminary discussion)
||Chicago Center for Functional Annotation (CCFA) presentations
- Sean Crosson: CCFA Overview
- Matthew Tien: New network-based informatic and biochemical pull-down methods to define sRNA function
- David Hershey: Toward systematic identification and biochemical characterization of wzy pathway genes required for envelope polysaccharide biosynthesis
- Aretha Fiebig: Functional characterization of two Brucella DUFs with cell envelope phenotypes
- Schneewind Lab: Yersinia genes of unknown function
||General wrap-up/recommendations with Steering Committee
Direction from Hyatt Place hotel to meeting place:
Direction from parking to meeting place: